Friday, July 7, 2017

My colors were redone

A few years back I had my colors done by Linda with House of Colour.  When I went back recently for my style consult class she asked how I was doing and I said I struggle a bit with the Blue Spring she had typed me as.

She plopped me in her magic chair and started to drape me and said she thought she had made a mistake, and she wanted me to come back sometime soon for a re-drape.

That was yesterday.

We both went in with the idea that it was going to be a quick drape session, but she decided to do a full on from the start color consult as if she had never done it with me before.  She wanted to be real sure and did some extra steps.

Actually, she did a comparison between all four season.  I know they have special techniques they follow, I just don't know what they are.

In the mid 1980's a friend of mine had become a Color Me Beautiful consultant and when she did my colors she said I was an Autumn.  For years I've tried to wear Autumn colors and makeup but I always thought it was a bit harsh on me.

Then I went to Linda a few years ago as I had really noticed the changes in my skin and hair.  I had let it go natural a few times, each time with more gray than before.  I had always colored it so it would be more warm with reds and golden shades.

But once again, even as a Spring, I decided to warm up my hair again, and warm up the makeup.  I've never felt good with peachy colors on my lips.

Linda did say I was a tricky one, but definitely blue based.  Yet I'll get golden freckles that will make me look warm.  I don't look bad with the warm colors, I just looked brighter and more clear with the blue based colors.

This is going to be a fun challenge, one that will slow me down a bit.  I not only have a new color scheme, but I have a style to work on.

I'll go through my makeup and keep out only the winter shades and eventually do what I can with my current wardrobe.

My fabric stash is a sad mess right now.  And I will definitely plan on ordering swatches rather than just always hoping for the best.

Here's my photo from yesterday, it's not the best photo, but it's what I've got.


wintercolors

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad she invested time with you to provide you a firmer footing with color. I do hope this leads you to feel more comfortable in what you choose to wear. Thanks for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, I really enjoyed reading. I've been trying to figure out my "colors" for a long time. I used to also be put into the Autumn category but I think the color person was influenced by my golden freckles and dyed reddish hair. My real hair color is a medium ash brown which is now heavily silvering. My skin tone, too, has changed as I get gray. I am on the "Going Gray" group over on Rav. ChelleC on Rav.

    ReplyDelete