Here is is currently the roots are partially grown out. I have a hair appointment this week and plan on getting as much chopped off as possible. I will feel naked and there will still be yellow in my hair, but it will grow out eventually.

The next two photos show how my hair looked just a couple years back (2 and 1 I guess) so I know the gray is just fine.

Ah yes, I said I would ramble. Well, I was actually in a real live department store yesterday and all the clothes looked so pretty on the hanger. I had a bit of a blah feeling...the oh why do I sew when it would be so easy to buy kind of feeling.
I took 5 items into the dressing room, and none of them fit. I tried a jacket on but it was too small in my belly. I was good though and measured the sleeve width.
This is why I sew, to make things fit. Heck, just looking at the two jackets above, they both fit better than anything I can buy.
But it's also discouraging to see yourself in the dressing room mirror, I'm heavier now than in either of those photos, probably by about 15 lbs. My weight fluctuates so easily and motivation is not my strong suit.
As I continue to clean out the sewing room, I've already decided that my next plan will not be sewing, but it will be planning. I will sit down with fabric and pattern and probably even a pencil and pen and start planning a fall wardrobe.
This is going to be a 100% solid (as in no print) neutral 6 pack. I will allow myself to sew fun things too, but I want to focus on really upping my game, making really well fitted and well constructed garments.
I plan on focusing on Silhouette patterns as I really enjoy the message Peggy Sagers sends and I want my sewing projects to work together. But I also want to put more detailed sewing into projects, nicer linings and fabrics, take mine time, make things perfect. If the pants/skirts, blouses, and jackets are superb, then the t-shirts and yoga pants can be more casual sewing.
Plan, Plan, Plan...that will have to be my primary goal for fall.
I completely understand how you feel. I grew out my gray, and every so often I just get this urge to color again. Old habits die hard, I guess. I think you look awesome with your natural coloring! Good luck with the planning- I can't wait to see what you come up with!
ReplyDelete