Thursday, July 6, 2017

That darn Pattern Stash

I have decided to deal with my Pattern Stash by entering the Pattern Stash contest on Pattern Review. I have no grand hopes on winning, as the winner is decided by who sews the most new patterns, but it's just a way for me to sew, try patterns I've had collecting for ages, and not worry about perfection.

Here's a quick view of some of my options:


Pattern Stash Ideas

I did my first pattern today from an old vintage (1980....ouch) Simplicity pattern.  I so totally would have sewn this top in high school.  Basically I did, but not this exact pattern.  I made a gazillion Hawaiian camp shirts back then.

My changes were in the sleeves for the most part and I added a bit over the belly and butt.  This pattern is a half-size pattern, which I think is a woman's petite, and it fit me wonderfully. blousefabric

The fabric was a linen from FabricMart online; it was possibly a linen/cotton blend, but I don't remember.

blousefront

It's kind of nice not dealing with all the extra lines from today's multi-sized patterns.

blousepattern

No comments:

Post a Comment