I did get myself a new gravity feed iron yesterday at the Missouri Sewing Company here in KC. It's a Pacific Steam PSI-5E and so far, after one afternoon of using it, I'm very happy.
After the problems with the crappy Rowenta steam generator, it was time to start something different.
Here's a photo of the set-up:

Right now I'm working on pants. I seem to have the problem of them coming out too big or too small. I think I change by 2 sizes in the day. And yes....I'm serious. I'm working on a Vogue pattern, a Claire Shaeffer design, the one with the pair of pants in red on the envelope. I'm too lazy to look it up right now.
The fit is going very well, the crotch curve is perfect and the wider leg keeps me from having drag lines. It's just getting the right fit/height of the waistband that is causing some issues. I should be done with that today and ready to try another pair.
I got a funky magazine the other day. Seriously, as I was browsing through the magazine I couldn't help but wonder what it was. Talk about eclectic, clothes and dodads for the house. It kind of reminds me a bit of Steinmart, but still different. I did find a few outfits I liked though, and just now went online to get a photo. I actually like the garments more online and will add it to my snoop shopping list. Some of the jeans are great for ideas, and lots of long skirts that I like.
Here's a photo of the dress that caught my attention:

Oh, and here's a link to the website, Midnight Velvet.
You'll really enjoy your gravity feed iron. I have one and love it. I don't know what I did without it before I got it. I thought it might be hard getting used to using that button to get steam, but it has a short learning curve. I love being able to iron with a dry iron, from time to time.
ReplyDeleteI assume we'll be seeing a review of that dress soon, right? ; )