Saturday, February 27, 2010

I want to do something interesting

I wore the pair of pants I finished, but I'm still not happy with the waistband. I complained a bit about waistbands on PR, so I'm not getting into it again. Needless to say, my waist is not shaped quite as I'd prefer.

I do feel a contoured waistband is a better option than a straight one, but I'm more curved in the back than the front, and though the waistbands are also curved that way, I still need to adjust for myself. I'm going to make my own somehow, maybe just tape myself up with painter's tape or something and mark the level right at my belly button...something like that.

So I was feeling the need to complete something and I've been wanting a new top for dancing. I did the Jalie 2682 that I've done a couple times. I used a bamboo cotton and added lots of crystals. It danced well for me, seemed to grow a bit as I wore it, but loose is better than tight. If a top clings to my bust, it will ride up when my arms are lifted.



I have that "what do I want to sew" thingy going on right now. I have some stretch denim and can continue to work on jeans. I still want to do more slacks. I really need shirts, but maybe not always knit. Jackets are fun as they are a bit of a challenge.

Ugh.....so many ideas, no clue.

1 comment:

  1. I am having the ?'s as well. I know that by the time I finish anything it will be warm, but I have some winter things that I should finish as well. my solution was to web surf for inspiration! LOL! I hope that you get more things done than I do this weekend.

    ReplyDelete