I'm taking a risk and sewing without a muslin. I did the same alterations as a previous dress (same company) and compared my pattern pieces. Eek, somewhat scary.
The dress is Simplicity 2549, I'm doing the view in the blue but with the sleeves from the grey dress. No bow though.
Wish me luck.
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI am a widow that is getting married this fall, and I have been looking for a dress that would be appropriate for my age (66) and for the occasion...and I think this is it!
Like you, I wear dresses in the summer, longer length, as I have a garden and I feel comfortable bending over. I also feel that shorter lengths don't look well on every figure, mine included.
I look forward to seeing how you feel about this pattern. I think you will look pretty good!
I have enjoyed your reviews on PR.
Good luck! BTW, I always make sew without making a muslin. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!
ReplyDeleteGood luck 'sewing without a net'. I have sewin like this in the past, but my body has changed (weight gain)as has my style. You would think that this would be OK with the same pattern co...
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see how it turns out.
Luck! You should come out very good with it.
ReplyDelete