I have a bunch of tops I made when I first got back to sewing, and they don't fit anymore. It's a little sad to let them go, but they really aren't even sewn that well.
I tried one on, and the bust dart was about 1.5" too low. A new bra has hiked the bust line up to where it belongs.
I'm not sure if I should just send the tops on their merry way in a donation bag, or cut out the buttons and trash them.
Seriously, it's a bit of a weird feeling.
Also I had another thought. The idea of sewing jeans is sneaking into my brain again, just after I decided I don't want to do it again. I have a pair of jeans a size or two too large, so cutting them up doesn't bother me. What if I put on the jeans, and totally pin them to fit my body (pin out that saggy butt basically.) Then cut them apart and try that as a pattern.
I think it could be interesting. I'm wondering how capable my husband is of pinning the pants to me properly or if I need to have a Pinhead help me.
I have so many things I want to work on. It's so nice to want to sew again.
No comments:
Post a Comment