Friday, October 16, 2009

Little Black Dress

Also this month I'm working on an entry for the Little Black Dress contest. I haven't sewn a dress for myself in a gazillion years.

The pattern is Simplicity 2550. (and we all know how well the Simplicity site is working these days....NOT.)

I'm doing View A which is the tiniest picture on the envelope cover.


I've added a lining which was a chore, the information is/will be in the review.

I have more bulk than I'd like right at the high waist, so I'm considering adding a piece over the seam that kind of looks like a belt, that will also have hidden hooks/eyes in the back to close it, so there isn't even more bulk over the zipper.

The dress needs to be pinned to me, where the zipper will close so I can see if the fit is right. My daughter will be here today and I'll have her help me. Then I can double check if I like the long sleeves or will prefer the short ones. The long sleeves are making it want to fall off my shoulders, but like I said there is no zipper in it yet.

Here are some pics. It looks really fat just hanging up, but I don't have a dressform, and I didn't pin the back closed except at the back neckline. I'm not totally shaped like a football.

Here is a closeup, though it doesn't show too well, of how I want to add the fake belt over the seam. It really looks much better this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment