Friday, October 16, 2009

More Fun Stuff

Nothing more fun than a cat in the fabric. I have 3 cats, but only Lucius insists on laying on my fabric. He doesn't care if it's still in the box, washed, unwashed, folded, unfolded...as long as it's fabric. Here he is yet again on a pile of just washed fabric.


As you all know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Tonight at our favorite dance place they are hosting a BCA Night, with silent auctions and such. Three news stations are supposed to be there. I sewed a new pink top to wear and now I don't remember if I posted a photo. I went through all my pink nail polishes to find just the right one. If you want to buy a good pink for BCA, you can try Sinful Colors Beautiful Girl. It's inexpensive at only $1.99 at Walgreens. Companies like OPI and Essie do have their "official BCA" colors that support the research. I bought some, but they are more pale and sheer.


The pink top is from Ottobre Fall 2009, number 5, Drapes and Flounces. I sewed a size 42, no changes, though I should have done a forward shoulder or rounded back alteration. I'm still not clear on those changes, and will be taking a back fitting class with Cynthia Guffey at the Sewing Expo in a week and a half. Ignore the no-makeup-face in this photo.


I did embellish it with swaroski crystals to help catch the lights when we are dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment