The bodice is complete for the most part. I underlined the satin with flannel to give it some support. On top of the seams I added the detailing of the black lace and ribbon. I put the boning inside the ribbon.
The top was then basted to the skirt portion. And then the lining was added, creating a sandwich with the skirt in the middle. I then sewed the top edge together at the 5/8" seam, trimmed down to less than 1/4" and bound over the edge with a thin strip of black polyester knit. It worked great.
Now today I still need to go to the store to buy the chainette fringe and a thin black cording. The chainette fringe will go at the top of the bodice and and drape also around the arm (I haven't figured out the details for that yet.) And the cording will be sewn by hand right over the waist seam to add some detailing. That should work fine.
All will be completed up to the zipper, which I don't want to add till the last week so fitting will be good.
It should work, it really should work...but you never know.

And another photo of Lucius checking out a new box of fabric from Fabric.com.
That is coming along nicely! I can't wait to see it on you. I have never thought of underlining satin with flannel, that is a really good idea. That trim looks really sharp.
ReplyDelete