I know better, I just admit to being lazy.
So I wanted to get started on a sweater/jacket/cardigan thing, and had the fabric already, it's one I bought from Vogue Fabrics at the Expo.
It wasn't washed though.
No biggie, it's acrylic, probably won't shrink, kinda sorta tested it with the iron.
So as I'm later applying the interfacing, I notice the red and blue streaks on my press cloth....and on the ironing board cover. Yup, the fabric is releasing lots of color.
Well, hopefully it will wash out.
I've sewn it all up, except for the hems and such which I want to do on the coverstitch, but back to that in a moment.
I altered my pattern. I took the "Rounded Back Class" with Cynthia Guffey and we learned exactly how to alter for our own rounded backs. I did the alterations. Then I went on an finished the garment (up to that hem part.) Now there is a bit too much fabric at the base of the neck.
Logic NOW tells me, maybe I don't need to add as much with a knit.
Back to the coverstitch machine, which I don't have much experience with...a thread keeps breaking. I had also forgotten I can only use certain needles, and since I hadn't changed the out in awhile, found the right needles and changed them. Also realized it doesn't like my serger thread. Of course I'm out of black thread....now I need to buy 4 spools.
I'll deal with it tomorrow instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment