Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ran out of Thread

I've run out of black Wooley Nylon and no stores seem to carry it. I can order it and may just have to, but I sent out an emergency email to my KCPinheads, so maybe I'll be saved.

Since I'm frustrated right now, I will post some happy photos first, then on to describe where I am in my costume making.

Nail of the Day is Essie - Yes We Can, Pink! It is their Breast Cancer Awareness polish and very very pretty and practical. It is a perfect sheer neutral pink. It makes my nails look like I have fake ones on.


Nothing makes a gal more happy than a cat who is sitting in her pink satin. Total freak out for a moment, this cat has claws. But I just left him alone, he napped a bit, and not a mark on the fabric (lucky me.) Lucius is a bit of a girly cat.


The costume (Saloon Girl Zombie) is coming out just fine. The skirt is mostly done though not fully trimmed as I don't know if I'll be able to find enough. I'll work around it. I did the hem on the serger, rolled hem with black wooley nylon and it's awesome.



Now I'm on to the crinoline, major pain in the rear. But it's kinda fun too. Here's a pile of the ruffles. I did the row of basting to ruffle, and each piece is being hemmed (same as above) separately so I don't go crazy. This is where I've now run out of thread.


So, at this point I'll wait on the thread (order later today if I don't get some) and start on the bodice. That's the part I dread. But I keep telling myself it doesn't have to be perfect, it's just a costume.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty kitty! You are lucky, mine always leave mysterious tears, and tons of fur behind. Costume looks fabulous, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete