
and you can read the review here at PatternReview.
And lucky me got TWO boxes of fabric from Mr. UPS man today (I love him.....)
I got the follow from VogueFabrics:

The fabric on the left I want to do as a hoodie for my step-daughter, and another for me (or another top.) Then the magenta rayon double knit is for a top, the print for a skirt overlay. The dark knit on the right has sparkles in it, I'll save it for a top for next Fall/Winter.

The little checked print is a knit for a top, the black poly has a cute lipstick print that's perfect for a jacket lining (I couldn't resist) and the turquoise is just a heavy knit for a top.
The next ones are from the $1.95 sale at Fabric.com just recently. I didn't have a single mistake in this order either.

We have the "Designer Wool Blend Tweed Boucle Suiting Teal," the "Designer Silk Blend Emerald" and the "Designer Light Weight Wool Blend Suiting Fancy Taupe."

This is the "Designer Linen Herringbone Beige," (lovely btw) and "Designer Stretch Wool Suiting Ebony" and "Designer Light Weight Wool Suiting Dune" and "Designer Wool Blend Boucle Suiting Ivory."
Phew.....
Okay, so I'm not the most organized person around, but I'm realizing how important it is to know the fiber content of my stash. Here is my new way to organize. I think I can keep up with this, and I probably can do the last box I ordered too as it's still in the box.

Last but not least, this is also supposed to be a blog about pretty nail polishes and I'm so totally failing in that department. Seriously, I don't know what happened, but some time ago my nails just decided to call it a day and they started to break and peel. I decided enough is enough and gave myself a little manicure today. I might have to keep them short through the winter months if the peeling is due to them drying out (very possible.) I did what I have to do though, which is a full 4 coats - base coat of a rebuilding protein (blah blah blah,) 2 coats of color (almost clear in this case) and a quick dry topcoat (I used Poshe.) The moment it chips, I'll redo it. Lots and lots of moisturizers will help.
Here is a before and after photo, I'm almost embarrassed by the before.

So if your nails look like crap, join me and lets get them pretty for Spring.
That vogue jacket looks awesome on you! I'll have to check out your review and see if it's something I can whip up relatively quickly.
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous that you got your fabric.com fabric. Mine's not due to arrive till Thursday and Friday :(
Great jacket and great fabric!!! Don't you just love that feeling when you have your fabric on display and in your head you're already sewing with it. For me, this is one of the most inspiring moments in the sewing process.
ReplyDeleteJust discovered your fabulous blog tonight, am trying to read it all in one sitting. I have a question for you about your fabric orders: do they come labeled that way from fabric.com (I see little stickers on the yardage)? I've only ordered one length of interfacing from them so far.
ReplyDeleteLove the stuff you make! Happy stitching!