I made underwear...me. It was something I kinda swore I wouldn't do, but the bug bit me. I bought KwikSew 2908 recently

after read great reviews about it on the panty sew along thread. I just went ahead and took the plunge yesterday, cut out a size M (my hips are 40" and that was the size range) and they fit GREAT! I wore then throughout the evening yesterday, last night...and I don't want to take them off. I will though, don't worry.

Some alterations I want to make is to scoop out the center back about 1.5". I always have this problem with higher panties that the back just has too much fabric. I need the fabric over the belly. This pattern fit great over my larger abdomen. I might also go down just a smidge in the sizing, not all the way down to the S, but maybe right in between S and M (in the side seams basically.) I liked the wider crotch width that a few didn't like, so that's a bonus for me.
Oh, and I made a top to match. Crazy how that happens. The review is on PatternReview, but here are some photos. It's the Jalie pattern after the alterations I had to make to the neckline to account for a forward head and stuff like that.


Very cute! I love making undies. Be careful 'cause it can get addicting! Love the top too!
ReplyDeleteAren't you supposed to make a matching bra? :)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, Michelle and I think the shirt pattern is nice (the long shirt). Your tummy looks flat.
I used my crock pot. I made delicious pulled pork and even made fantastic homemade roles to go with. Michelle says they should be made all the time. They are very soft.