
I took the one apart that turned out too small as I didn't have enough of the components to redo it, but I had enough fabric. This bra has only the single layer of fashion fabric on the top cup, and is lined with the tricot on the bottom cup. The band is the powernet with the fashion fabric.
It really fits quite well.
Oh, I also did an inside side panel from two layers of flannel fused together. I didn't know if it would fit, but it was pretty much perfect, go figure. It does help bring my bust forward.
I just now went ahead and splurged on the Bra-Makers Manual, a Pinup girls pattern, and a kit (the set) and I'm pretty excited. I'm heading down to Anne's shop in Wichita this coming Friday and hope to stock up on the basics that I will need for awhile.
Well, bravo! You're so right, it does help to see how these bras fit. I haven't attempted to even read my pattern yet but your colorful, lovely lingerie is moving me in that direction, too. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty and an excellent fit!
ReplyDeleteExcellent fit
ReplyDeleteAwesome bra and I'm drooling over the fabric!!! Bravo!!! I admire your courage and plan to mention that in a post on my blog later today. I made a swimsuit and was reluctant to display it but after seeing your post I was inspired to do so! I hope you don't mind me mentioning you. Please let me know if you do. I'm Victoria, at tenthousandsewinghours.blogspot.com. Again, excellent job and great results (smile)!!!
ReplyDeleteThe bra is fabulous. I loooove the fabric! If you had not mentioned it was a bra, at first glance it looks like a swimsuit top.
ReplyDeleteFantastic bra and awesome that you inspired another act of bravery! I really like the cool fabric you chose, and the fit is great. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWell, done! Looks great!
ReplyDeleteI love the fabric.
ReplyDeleteGreat fit and LOVE the fabric!
ReplyDeleteI thought it was a swimsuit top also. I haven't been brave enough to tackle lingerie yet!
ReplyDelete