Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cute top ~ New Look 6817 OOP

Super duper cute top, I can't wait to make it again.  Sorry I'm not modeling it myself (same with the other tops lately, but it's so cold outside.)

I got this pattern at a resale shop in town and I LOVE it!!!  I did the view on the bottom right.  It has a seam in the back, and then two gathered sections.  One higher than the other on the different sides.  I cut a straight size 16 and my fitting issues were that I need to allow myself a bit more in the waistline, and take some out of the upper back.  The sleeves were flattened a bit in the back.  The upper chest could have been a smidge smaller, but that's so minute.  Oh yea, I drafted the neckline to be 3/4" closer on each side rather than such a wide boat neck.  That worked great, and I did end up raising the shoulder seams (shortened the sleeve portion.)

So there is some work I need to do on the pattern, but I love how it looks.





This is the 2nd top from my SWAP.  For some reason I thought I had a larger piece of fabric, but the wrap top wasn't going to fit so I had to come up with an alternate plan.  I'm really happy with this one.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great twist on the simple t-shirt. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog through the RTW fast page! You have such great projects and I just love this top. I haven't seen that pattern before but I may have to track it down and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete