
How cool is that? There's a good reason to enter contests on Pattern Review, you can win some amazing things. So far I've only won 2nd place (twice) and have won a really nice iron (which I didn't need, but oh well) and a pattern of my choice. This time for 1st place I won a $100 gift certificate from Sawyer Brown Fabrics.
I'm kind of doing a few things at the same time. I'm on my 3rd project in a SWAP, and working on Max's Jacket by Silhouette patterns. I'm really trying to do it Peggy's way, and I've made a lot of mistakes along the way, and keep starting over. But I'm wanting to learn, hence the do-overs, though Peggy says not to make a bunch of muslins. I think I finally have a working muslin done correctly....almost that is, I still have a slight neck issue to deal with.
Some how or other the idea of an embroidery machine popped right in to my head and now it won't go away. I was looking at jackets online and saw a cute denim one with embroidery on it, totally my style. Of course now I want a a machine, and I want it NOW....but I've been sick these past few days and not able to do any test drives, only window shopping online.
I also told myself that I was going to learn how to use my machines to their maximum capacity. I think I'll start today (since I'm on hold with the jacket.) I want to stitch out every stitch on my sewing machine, and learn some of the other functions. I have a Pfaff Expression 3.0 which I love, but naturally only use the basic functions.
There are also a lot of things I can do with my Babylock Enlighten which I haven't tried. I have the entire giant manual that came with it, so after I finish up my sewing machine experiment, I will move on to the serger.
No comments:
Post a Comment