Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Burda Style - September 2009 - Jacket 135

Let's see how good I am at actually doing what I say I'm going to do and following through.

I was immediately intrigued by the following jacket in the September issue of Burda, and I have decided to attempt to sew it for the November Wool contest.


Here are the pictures:



Not much to see in the photograph, but the line drawing is nice.

I am cutting out a straight size 44. My chest measurements actually are a 42 right now, but it only goes down to 44, and it would be something I wear over other garments anyway.

It's traced and I laid it out on my fabric, but I don't have enough fabric. I'm off to the store to hopefully find something that is 100% wool and won't break the bank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've also been working in my sewing room. I bought a large shelving unit for the closet, 2 standing lamps, each with 3 bulbs, and I ordered a 2nd sewing table. This will make my sewing area into a large U shape. I have a lot of little odds and ends to still add, but I'll be getting there, and will post after the new desk is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment