Here's a picture of the pattern:

Basically you can put the kick pleat on any of the princess seams. I chose to do two in the front, just like the skirt she was wearing at the Sewing Expo here in KC just recently.
When I sewed in my zipper it looked like crap (pics to follow) so I took it out and did it by hand. Ah, much nicer. See how the tops don't match.


The skirt is fully lined, but totally hanging loose from the waist to make any ironing easier. I covered the inside edge of the waistband with the lining fabric. It looks very nice.

And here is a photo of the hand done zipper, it is very nice too.

So I'll work on getting a full photo of me in the skirt. I feel a bit matronly in it. It's not my style, but at the same time, trying new things is fun. I just have to wear it though.
Oh, and here is a photo of Lucius, yet again in a pile of fabric.
Very Pretty, I can't wait to see it on you. I had never thought of putting the kickpleat anywhere but in the back, what a wonderful idea!
ReplyDelete