Friday, November 20, 2009

New pattern to try

I scoured the pattern books and my Burda and Ottobre mags and finally found a pattern similar enough to the jacket in the post below, the Chico's jacket.

It's Simplicity 3628, here's the envelope cover.


Jacket B has the right collar for me. The pattern I just finished (which I'll hopefully post about later after I find some button closures) looks similar but the collar was a bit weird.


I have a couple options. I really like the Chico's one in a brocade, but I know that's more difficult to sew with. I have a lovely piece of grey wool I would love to use too. But I think I'll try using a khaki type of fabric I have in my stash. I won't be spending much money that way, and any wrinkles will definitely show up. I will save the wool for the next go round when I know the fit it good. With the khaki I can do some detailed top-stitching which I sure can use the practice on.

I look forward to having a TNT jacket and starting to learn new techniques like bound buttonholes and welt pockets and such.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I almost suggested this pattern to you on the thread you started over on PR requesting for suggestions. Then I saw someone else suggest it. I think it's a great pattern, and I used it for my first lined jacket, and found it relatively easy. I've made this three times now (and am wearing my first version right now in fact!). I hope you enjoy the pattern as much as many of us have.

    ReplyDelete