Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I have a fashion plan, yea, really.....ME

I swoon over the Chicos catalog. I bought one outfit there, and still where the items, but it was expensive. The jeans fit well, and I would buy jeans there again. The other is a tank and swoopy cardigan out of slinky.

But here's the plan. I just love how the outfits go together and it's a style I like. Simples slacks and tops, and the toppers can be either simple or more intricate. They use scarves and big jewelry. I'm not much of a big jewelry person, but I could try a couple items.

I'm going to try to make outfits similar to ones I like out of the catalog. Easy enough. I will buy a piece if necessary, sew a piece, or have one in my wardrobe. It won't be exact, it's just something to follow. I can even make my own jewelry, I like doing that, and I can use metal I'm not allergic to.

So here are the first two outfits I've chosen.



What I'm seeing is gray slacks, though the one photo is gray jeans, I'm going for one pair of gray slacks. The gray jacket looks easy enough. I have a jacket/coat that looks similar to the long black sweater in that photo, and I have long scarves galore. I won't wear a turtle neck anymore, so perhaps just a nice fitting 3/4 length sleeve tee would work (think Ottobre t-shirt patterns.)

Seriously friends, I think I could do this, and it seems so simple.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another front, my orange jacket it turning out. I hope to have it done within a day or so.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! It's so easy to find outfits we like in magazines/catalogs and such, but I never thought to replicate a whole outfit. (Then again, even though I have wardrobe patterns that I like, I still haven't gotten the mojo to actually make those either) I digress...
    Looking forward to seeing your versions - especially the first jacket in that gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your finished projects. Given your fiendishly fast sewing ability, that should be in a couple of days. ; )

    ReplyDelete