
So I'm pretty sure I broke my toe this morning. I'm such a klutz at times. I have the litter box sitting in the middle of the room as I noticed cat urine outside of it recently, and didn't know if it was leaking or if I just have a guilty cat. So it's sitting on a plastic tablecloth and the carpet was cleaned and drying out well.
And yup, I ran right into it this morning. I have a pretty purple toe and walking isn't fun. No dancing for me tonight. Other than that I have till next Wednesday to contemplate dancing, so that is good.
Oh, back to the tailoring books. I browsed through them and felt totally overwhelmed. This is more than I want to deal with. More than I had to deal with with the orange jacket. I kind of don't know where I want to go right now. I had a plan, and I think I should stick with it. I want to do a jacket in a khaki type fabric with lots of contrasting threads and detailing. I supposed it's all the interfacing and layers of it that seem crazy.
At the same time, I understand why all the jackets at the store look like crap.
I have both books and love the first one for it's very clear pictures and the way it shows different ways of doing things. Sometimes a non-tailored (read fusible) method can also help to get a better look in jackets. This book really describes it well. Look at the way a roll line is made with fusible for example.
ReplyDeleteI never use these books as instructions how something must be done, but as inspiration and guidance on details.
Sorry about the toe!
ReplyDeleteThe orange jacket looks great. One of my fav tailoring books is that one that used to be Singer - don't know what it's called now, but it's the same book - the one with the dark jacket on the cover that you just got.
It really isn't that challenging or overwhelming if you just take it a step at a time. Have fun with it.
Take care of that toe. It sounds painful! I have both of those books and like them both. It took me several readings to understand what was being said, and I still don't understand all of it. I think you'll get lots of good use from both.
ReplyDelete