Monday, December 14, 2009

Cute cat alert


Is this cute, or what? This is Lucius, the super fat cat, enjoying a snooze on a holiday wall hanging I haven't yet hung up. He was found as a tiny starved, near death kitten, and look at him now. I guess once he discovered food he never stopped.

Sewing went alright today, I finished that darn satin brocade jacket.

Can you tell how happy I am?

I'll get photos and do a review tomorrow.

But every item I make, I always feel like it's incomplete. Dang, there is so much to learn, and so much learning to do to make it right.

This has been an experience in why it's important to spend one's time on a sewing project using good quality fabrics and such. I struggled on the princess seams on this. The fabric doesn't have enough support, the weave makes it "sag" (which isn't good where boobs are involved" and interfacing does not fuse well to it.

The whole jacket just is missing support.

At this point I'm kind of tired of jackets, I don't feel like this is turning into a TNT, not yet at least (let me work it up in wool.)

I'm also questioning the shoulder princess seam. I think I prefer the standard princess over this style.

My head is spinning a bit, I'm confused, I'm questioning....and I don't know where to go.

1 comment:

  1. Lucius is adorable. Sleeping cats make good sewing companions :-)

    ReplyDelete