Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My daughter's blog

Michelle Wrong's Weaving Blog

I'd love to send any readers of my blog off to visit Michelle's new blog. She just got a new loom and also started a blog about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right now I should be asleep. I have a case of morning insomnia going on. There I was, wide awake at 4 AM, contemplating what's wrong with that HotPatterns shirt.

Yesterday I decided to can it. I did a couple new muslins and NEVER was able to get rid of the fold. I kept messing with the armhole. I made one with the neckline a bit smaller and that fit well, and then added a bit in the shoulder width back.

But this morning I was wondering if the problem is in the neckline....duh. Not the neckband, but the top of the front bodice. The top definitely gets it shaping from the large drapey neckline, and the top has great shape at the waist, no doubt about that. It clings in such a nice way that you feel slimmer.

Maybe that's why I want to make this work.

So I'm thinking maybe if at the scooped out part I raise it, add fabric there. Maybe it's a bust issue. I really don't know.

I keep picturing ideas in my head, but I can't solve anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then when I gave up on that yesterday, I started to sew together my wool jacket I had cut out. It is so nice to sew when everything is prepared. I actually basted the whole thing together, fit seemed good, though the little dart seemed low. I raised the dart, sewed it all up, and now think it's a tad high. Give me a break. I don't think it's even able to be seen, thanks to the great iron and steam.

I'll keep working on this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment