Friday, May 21, 2010

Another sun dress - S2886

Just got this one done today and it went together so well. Here's the envelope cover photo.


Every once and awhile a project just goes together like it should. I took a bit of time with measurements, started with a 14 for the bodice. That size is fairly consistent with my shoulder width lately it seems.

My bust measurement is for a size 16, and therefore did a full 1" FBA (2 inches total) and blended out at the waist as needed.

Spent some time getting the invisible zipper and lining perfect, and it really is a lovely garment.

I feel a bit young wearing it though. Will try to get photos tomorrow.

The fabric is a lovely linen I got at Mood Fabrics when I was in New York.


4 comments:

  1. Very cute, very summery. I can't wait to see it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and the fabric makes it quite smart rather than very casual .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and beautiful construction. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the fabric. I have this pattern but I've never made it. I think the jacket in the photo puts me off a little bit. But I love your dress and I might have to give this one a second look!

    ReplyDelete