Oh, and worse than that, you realize when you are just about finished that the back is actually inside out. Yup, I sewed the back on backwards. Whatever, life goes on, no one can tell but me, but this is now the 2nd time I've done it when it's too late to change.
Back to my recent top. It's a t-shirt out of a drapey rayon/spandex knit. Yup, the kind that is a bit difficult to sew, and it can grow just because it's so stretchy. Too tight and every lump and bump shows though.
I did the tank-style top from Simplicity 2603 and added the sleeves from the jacket as described in a few reviews on PR.

Here are my photos. From the front it looks pretty darn good, I'm totally satisfied.

From the side and the back though I can see some armhole/sleeve issues I still need to work on. I think part of the problem is that the top is just a bit too large for my upper chest and back. Do you think that is the case? I have sloping shoulders too and the rounded upper back. Or maybe the front fit is okay and just needs to be smaller in the mid-back which will take a bit of that excess sleeve fabric up.


I like the fit over the bust and the hips.
Luckily I can't see my backside or I'd totally obsess over it. Not something I want to waste my time doing.
Hi Annette,
ReplyDeletePhotos are great for showing up those wrinkles that we don't want to know about - aren't they?! I agree less back width could correct this too, as the back armhole seam is quite wide-set on you.
Very nice, looks very RTW.
ReplyDelete