This past weekend was rough as the build up to my daughter's leaving was hitting me hard. I cried a lot, then cried some more. She left Tuesday for NYC and starts work in a week. So now the apartment hunt is on (she does have somewhere to stay for the time being) and through a text message last night she told me she was looking at one place, then a few minutes later she texted back to "forget it." She later said there was no kitchen. I guess that just won't do for a woman that cooks. The experiences will be interesting.
Since I don't have any new photos yet to share (I'm still working on the same dress, it will be done today) here's a photo from Michelle's senior studio, with her hand woven dresses. She even sold one of them. I was impressed with all the work displayed at the show, there's a lot of talent out there.

So the plan for today is to finish up the dress I'm working on (I hope it looks okay on me) and I really have to do some cleaning up in the sewing room. It's starting to look like a tornado came through.
What great dresses. Your daughter will be having such adventures but it will be hard to have her at a distance. Bravo to her for her positive spirit and willingness to try new things....she must get that from you.
ReplyDelete